Introduction/ greetings

 

this video displays the reason why learners have to learn English, check this out

 

first, lesson, greetings/goodbye

 

 GREETINGS


General greetings (Formal)
How are you?
How are you doing?
How is everything?
How’s everything going?
How have you been keeping?
I trust that everything is well.
Hello! 

General greetings (Informal)
Hi.
What’s up?
Good to see you.
How are things (with you)?
How’s it going?
How’s life been treating you? 

Greeting a person you haven’t seen for a long time (Formal)
It has been a long time.
It’s been too long.
What have you been up to all these years?
It’s always a pleasure to see you.
How long has it been?
I’m so happy to see you again. 

Greeting a person you haven’t seen for a long time (Informal)
How come I never see you?
It’s been such a long time.
Long time no see.
Where have you been hiding?
It’s been ages since we last met.

GOODBYE 
Simple good-byes (Formal)
Good-bye
Stay in touch.
It was nice meeting you.
I hope to see you soon. 

Simple good-byes (Informal)
Bye.
See you.
Talk to you later.
Catch up with you later.
Nice seeing you. 

Leaving a place (Formal)
I have to leave here by noon.
Is it okay if we leave your home at 9pm?
What do you say we leave work a little earlier today?
Would you mind if I leave the dinner before it ends?
I need to depart for the airport in one hour. 

Leaving a place (Informal)
I got to go now.
I’ll be leaving from the office in 20 minutes.
How about we jet off to the shops now?
I’m afraid I have to head off now.
Let’s get off work early.

Greeting excercise

Comments